The Southern California XC (Cross Country) League is open to both Paragliders and Hang Gliders. Scoring will be divided into paraglider divisions and hang glider divisions and further divided by wing rating if necessary (see rules for details). The SoCal league meets are low-key and very informal, more like a monthly touring fly-in than a serious competition. Registration is open to all pilots and all events are strictly voluntary attendance. If you are wondering why you should check out the SoCal XC league here are some of the best reasons:
- Flying with the league is an amazing way to advance your skills after the P3 level. You'll meet and fly with some of the nations best pilots and challenge yourself with new XC routes and have an opportunity to sit in on XC discussions.
- Meet other pilots that love XC as much as you do and make friends and connections with people all over SoCal and beyond.
- Flying with the league is a great way to visit new sites. Local site gurus will give their weather analysis and a route will be designed around the weather and pilot ability to ensure a fun, safe day of flying. On top of that you'll have an organized ride to launch and retrieve!
- The best way to prepare for big competitions is to regularly practice task flying. You'll learn how to setup your instruments and avoid the most common mistakes. As well you'll have a better understanding of the strategy behind task and XC flying.
- Go to the REGISTER section of the website and provide your info. This provides me with contact information and valuable feedback so I can continually improve the league based on pilots interest.
- Make sure to sign-up to our Google mailing list. The primary communication for the league is through emails sent through this forum.
- Check out the rules and calendar sections to familiarize yourself with the league