Lake Elsinore Info
- Overview of the Site (including waypoints) - KML
- WPT - Official waypoints for SoCal XC League
- KML - 2016 Google Earth list of all waypoints for SoCal XC League
- Lake Elsinore is an unregulated site that has a few unwritten rules so don't be surprised if you get yelled at by a local for something you didn't know.
- Meet Location: The main meet location is just on the 74 off of Grand Ave.
- The main launches are in the National Forest so you should have National Forest Pass if you plan on parking up there for any amount of time.
- LZ: The main LZ is privately owned and has been under scrutiny for some time. Everyone still lands there but they say they are being discreet even if they are not. This is one of those areas where you can get into trouble by locals if they think you are brining undue attention to the site by doing things like kiting your wing.
- Weather: Elisnore is famous for its convergence line which sets up going across the valley to Soboba. This happens as the West wind pushes through and wraps around the mountains from the North and South and meets back in the middle out front of launch. This also keeps the marine layer further away and can therefore achieve must greater heights than many other close by flying sites. Heights of 10,000' or higher are not uncommon. The main goal is to get off launch before noon with the East wind blowing in then hang out up high until the West wind pushes through and the convergence sets up, sometimes highlighted by cloud streets. The danger is getting off of launch too late as the West comes through and you are now flying in lee side conditions!
- The E: Works in E to NE, very small, better for hang gliders. Several other unofficial launches exist including from the road and from the peaks to the North and South
- Edwards: A Slightly bigger and more forgiving launch further South of the E. Works in ESE to E, dangerous with any North component