- JPG - Quick snapshot of waypoint locations
- WPT - Official waypoints for SoCal XC League
- KML - 2016 Google Earth list of all waypoints for SoCal XC League
- Kagel: Main launch, works in SW to SE. Long 45min drive up, high clearance recommended.
- Hike n Fly: Small bowl 1/2 way up the steep hiking trail.
- Club LZ: Owned by the Sylmar Hangliding Association. There are several sensitive areas around this site. Make sure you are well aware of all rules before flying here.
Similar conditions to Marshall but can get blown out for PGs more often due to proximity to the grapevine pass. Works best in Spring time or late afternoon in Summer. Most commonly shutdown due to strong winds or North winds. Can be flyable when it's North at Marshall.
- Must be USHPA member with P3 or similar. P2s can get sign-off from approved Kagel instructors.
- $10/day or $75/year membership
- Be aware of the mandatory airplane landing pattern
- Do not fly over the houses to the West of the LZ, stay East of the line of cones
- Do not fly over baseball fields South of the LZ
- Do not get below hilltop height East of launch over the firing range!
- Stay below 3000' south of Gavina Ave on glide out to the LZ (if you leave the mountains stay below mountain height)
- Be familiar with heli-port West of the dam, do not thermal back there and be aware of helicopters landing and taking off
- Club Rules
- Club Maps and landing approach
- Site Dangers
- Club shuttle running most days
- Beautiful patio and BBQ area
- Port-a-potty in the LZ
- Hang glider storage